Helvetia Town Hall
Built in 1919, the old Helvetia Town Hall served that political entity for 75 years. After the structure stood vacant for a couple years, it was acquired by the IHS in 1996, being removed from its rural setting on Hwy. GG to the present location in 2002. The interior has been painstakingly renovated to how it would have looked in the days when it served as the community civic, political and social meeting place, including retention of the original decorative tin ceiling. The old town hall outhouse was not left behind, but was brought along and located in a similar outback proximity as originally, to look at and reminisce about, but not to be used for its originally intended purpose.